The Game Boy Color OSD Q5 IPS LCD is an oversized backlit screen for original Nintendo Game Boy Color consoles. It’s 15% larger and produces a much brighter, crisper and vibrant image when compared to the original GBC LCD.
The kit includes:
– 1 x OSD IPS LCD
– 1 x PCB
– 1 x Ribbon Cable
– 1 x Glass Lens with oversized bezel
– 1 x Adhesive strip for LCD
– 2 x Insulating film
– 4 x Wires
– 15% larger screen than the original.
– Customisable colour palettes.
– Adjustable image position.
– 10 Levels of brightness.
– Retro pixel grid can be toggled on/off
– Installation of this LCD requires the Game Boy Color’s plastic housing to be trimmed. Soldering is required only if you wish to access the on screen OSD menu. The brightness level and colour palettes can be adjusted by using the touch sensitive pads if you do not wish to solder wires to the PCB.
WARNING! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING.
This modification requires the handling of delicate electronics. Wear safety glasses when trimming the plastic shell.
By attempting this modification you assume all liability for any damage that may occur to the LCD kit and/or console during the installation of this product.
The LCD is fragile and may break while under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise extreme care when installing this product.
Retro Game Store Australia is not responsible for any damage caused to your console as a result of attempting this modification.
We strongly recommend testing the LCD screen before securing it with the adhesive. Your warranty becomes void once the LCD protective film is removed.
How to install the Game Boy Color OSD Q5 IPS LCD Kit