The Funny Playing IPS LCD V2 is a backlit screen for original Nintendo Game Boy Advance consoles that offers a much brighter, crisper and vibrant image when compared to regular GBA and GBA SP consoles.
The kit includes:
– 1 x IPS LCD
– 1 x Ribbon cable adapter (compatible with 32 and 40-pin boards)
– 2 x Acrylic spacers (for centering LCD)
– 1 x Foam Adhesive
– 1 x Glass Lens
– 3 x Wires (For brightness controls)
– The LCD’s viewing area is slight larger than the AGS-101. In order to make the entire display visible, the LCD requires a lens with a slightly larger viewing area. This is included in the kit.
– Installation requires modification to the GBA shell. However if you wish to avoid this you can purchase pre-modified, professionally CNC machined GBA shells here.
– V2 has been updated to eliminate screen tearing.
– In order to utilise the brightness control feature, some soldering is required.
WARNING! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING.
This modification requires the handling of delicate electronics and soldering.
By attempting this modification you assume all liability for any damage that may occur to the LCD kit and/or console during the installation of this product.
The LCD is fragile and may break while under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise extreme care when installing this product.
Retro Game Store Australia is not responsible for any damage caused to your console as a result of attempting this modification.
We strongly recommend testing the LCD screen before securing it with the adhesive foam. Your warranty becomes void once the LCD protective film is removed.
How to install the Funny Playing Game Boy Advance IPS V2 LCD