The Funny Playing Game Boy Color Retro Pixel IPS LCD is an oversized backlit screen for original Nintendo Game Boy Color consoles. The screen display area is increased by 25% than the original and produces a much brighter, crisper and vibrant image when compared to the original GBC LCD.
The kit includes:
– 1 x IPS LCD
– 1 x Ribbon cable
– 1 x Glass lens with oversized bezel
– 1 x Adhesive installation tape
– 1 x Touch ribbon cable
– 3 x Wires
– 1 x Acrylic fixing strip
– 25% larger display area compared to the orignal LCD.
– Adjustable brightness level.
– Retro pixel grid can be toggled on/off
– Installation of this LCD requires the Game Boy Color’s plastic housing to be trimmed to accomodate the larger screen size. This mod requires soldering one wire to the 3rd pin of the power switch (see photos). The brightness level can be adjusted by holding the start button and tapping the touch sensor to increase the brightness and holding the select button and tapping the touch sensor to decrease the brightness. The ‘retro pixel’ mode can be toggled on/off by holding the start and select buttons together for 1 second.
WARNING! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING.
This modification requires the handling of delicate electronics. Wear safety glasses when trimming the plastic shell.
By attempting this modification you assume all liability for any damage that may occur to the LCD kit and/or console during the installation of this product.
The LCD is fragile and may break while under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise extreme care when installing this product.
Retro Game Store Australia is not responsible for any damage caused to your console as a result of attempting this modification.
We strongly recommend testing the LCD screen before securing it with the adhesive. Your warranty becomes void once the LCD protective film is removed.